The government will unveil theirs this Thursday plan sobriety
. Posted Target: reduce by 10% French energy consumption and Avoid cuts Gas or electricity this winter. What eco-gestures can you already do to reduce your consumption at home and curb rising bills? Living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom… France Bleu gives you some tips to achieve this.
► click here
to view the infographic in full screen mode
🏡 Throughout the house
Turn the heat down one degree
Largest item of household consumption, Heating accounts for 65% of our energy bill, says the national energy ombudsman.
If you use electricity for heating, it is advisable to invest in one thermostat programmable (worth 60 to 250 euros) to set the temperature. It is estimated that this can save up to 15% on heating Ademe, the Ecological Transition Agency
who also recommends Lower the heating if you are away for a short time and at milder outside temperatures Set heating to frost protection in the event of a longer absence and Lower the heating by 1°Cwhich reduces consumption by 7%.
The ideal average temperature, the agency states, is 19°C inside the case. An average to be modulated depending on the time of day. Ademe offers the following benchmarks:
- living room : 20 to 21°C in occupied living spaces; 16 to 17°C the rest of the time;
- bedroom : 17°C recommended at night and when the room is unoccupied; 20°C when the room is occupied during the day;
- bathroom : 22°C recommended for showering; Otherwise 16 to 17°C.
In general, several tips prevent heat loss:
- Close the shutters at night : up to 60% heat loss through windows;
- Install thick curtains and shoot them at night;
- close the doors poorly heated rooms;
- space more bottoms of doors in unheated rooms;
- Avoid covering the radiators and hang up the curtains in front of it;
- Bleed radiators regularly so that they transfer heat better.
Also make sure you maintain your boiler: it lasts two to three times longer and uses 10% less energy.
Use home appliances during off-peak hours
If possible, it is advisable to run the washing machine, dryer or dishwasher in off-peak times. The dryer in particular is one of the most energy-intensive devices: 3,000 Wh.
Turn off unused electronic devices
According to Ademe, the average French household has several dozen electrical and electronic devices. Computers, TVs, game consoles… Devices connected to the Internet or to data networks consume the most.
Activate energy saving modes and specially turn off these devices completely instead of leaving them in standby modeso can allowSave up to 10% on electricity bills (without a heater). Ditto for the box: permanently lit, it consumes as much as a small refrigerator in a year (between 20 and 30 euros*).
According to Ademe, the use of our digital devices does not only affect the bill: this corresponds to 4% of global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and 2.5% of those in France. A number that could double by 2025. The most effective way is to equip yourself with one Power strip with switch or a remote control to easily turn everything off.
📺 In the living room
The choice of devices also makes a difference. The larger the television in the living room, the more it consumes: a 160 cm (diagonal) television, for example, uses as much energy as three or four 80 cm televisions.
into matter lighting, preferably LEDs, more durable, light bulbs and Avoid dark or thick lampshades that scatter little light. The habit of turning off the light when leaving the room also saves valuable money.
🍽 In the kitchen
Not surprisingly, the equipment also makes the difference in this room. Buy, Compare energy label, allows to identify the appliances with the lowest energy consumption but also those with the lowest water consumption in the case of dishwashers. For example, a class C refrigerator instead of an F consumes 50% less energy.
To save money :
- cover the pans to reduce cooking time and save 25% of electricity or gas consumption;
- use Pans adapted to the size of the plates ;
- Cut the electrical panels just before the end Cook;
- Avoid opening the oven door too often to check the doneness;
- Start cleaning pyrolysis after cooking (the oven is already hot);
- place Keep your cold devices away from heat sources (radiators, well-sunlit window, etc.);
- defrost regularly the freezer and the refrigerator (at least once every six months);
- clean regularly the rear grill of the refrigerator;
- allow food to cool before putting them in the fridge;
- Don’t leave your coffee maker on standby ;
- if you own one Dishwasher, not prewash the dishes and Favor eco programs which use up to 45% less electricity than the intensive program and clean the filter regularly.
🚿 In the bathroom
It is recommended in the bathroom as in other rooms of the house to adapt the heating to your use.
Limit your hot water consumption
- prefer her short showers to the baths;
- To install foamer to reduce your consumption;
- prefer the cold position when closing the mixer taps.
Maintain your water heater and set it properly
- Insulate pipes and the hot water tank;
- Adjust temperature Kettle between 50 and 55 °C ;
- Program the water heater off-peak times ;
- turn off the water heater if you are absent for two or three days.
Use your washing machine efficiently
- Wash laundry at 30°Cit uses three times less energy than washing at 90°C;
- privilege low temperature or even cold cycles ;
- Spin the laundry as much as possible before you put it in the dryer;
- as soon as possible, Air dry your laundry (instead of in the dryer);
- Clean the filter regularly your washing machine;
🛌 In the bedroom
The bedroom is one of the rooms that needs the least heating: a Temperature 17 degrees is recommended at night and when the room is unoccupied. To limit the feeling of cold, ventilate the room for 5 to 10 minutes in the morning and evening: this reduces the humidity in the air. Finally, as in the other living rooms, contemplate Disconnect unused chargers.
* At the regulated electricity tariff with an output of 6 kVA (September 2022).